A survey finds that consumers are fed up with poor customer engagement experiences and outdated approaches to customer service, and 68% note they would buy more from brands that put “service” back into customer service.
Most consumers polled by Oracle Communications said being able to connect immediately, interact via digital channels such as HD voice, video and screen sharing, and contextual, personalized service, increases convenience and their overall experience.
Modern engagement technologies that proactively engage customers “have the ability to transform how customers interact with their brands —delivering meaningful resolutions with the personal touch that customers desire,” Oracle says.
“Customers are a company’s most critical asset, but in a quest for efficiency, customer engagement has become less aware and overly impersonal,” observes Doug Suriano, senior vice president, general manager.
The survey also found that of the consumers polled:
- 75% perceive that modern engagement capabilities will enhance their experience.
- 79% say that they want their issues to be resolved in one interaction.
- 76% will use companies that minimize menu selections and get them to the right person quickly.
- 68% felt modern engagement capabilities expanded their options for interacting with brands, helping make engagements contextual.
- 75% recognize the value and efficiency of voice and video chat.
“Customers feel more valued by brands if they have a diversity of choices in how they can interact, whether through personalized or automated channels,” Oracle says. “When the number of options for interactions expand, so too does the feeling of satisfaction with customers.”